Causes Fatal Accidents
According to the studies conducted by the authorities, a great number of those who died failed to wear their seat belts when the accident occurred. This is despite of the passage of seatbelt law that obliges all drivers along with their passengers to wear their seat belts at all times during their travel. Consequently, the victims either sustained serious injuries or even died from such occurrences.
Meanwhile, some car accidents are due to passenger conversations and playing loud music that obstruct the driver's attention. More so, some reported cases of accidents that are brought about by excessive and improper use of cell phones while on the steering wheel. And sadly, these scenarios could have been avoided if only the drivers have been more focused and extra careful.
What types of compensations can you acquire from an accident involvement?
Usually, people who were engaged in car accidents sustained severe injuries or even died. Depending on the coverage, your insurance company should reimburse the amount of your losses from the accident including the cost of your damaged car among others. If in case the incident was due to the neglect or carelessness of other party, then, you are entitled by the law to file either a personal injury or wrongful death claim in order to recover damages.
However, the victims must establish the following before they can have a valid claim case:
- the accident resulted from a negligent or careless action of the other party and definitely not your fault
- you have sustained an injury or damages directly due to the accident
Given that you have proven the liability of the defendant, the court will require the other party's insurance company to compensate you for the following:
For personal injury cases
- the cost of your hospital bills, including future medical treatment and rehabilitation
- reimbursement of your lost wages, including your assessed future loss of earnings
- loss of life enjoyment
- compensation for your physical, emotional and even mental pain and distress
For wrongful death cases, the family of the departed may the case
- cost of funeral services
- financial losses
- loss of companionship
- emotional grief and suffering
- other compensatory damages given in personal injury cases
Getting the aid of a legal counsel
You may not be able to file any charges against the liable party without the aid of a qualified legal counsel. Hence, in order to be well guided and defended in court, you must hire a credible and trustworthy automobile accident lawyer to handle your case.