Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health disorder in children. About 10 to 20 percent of children and teens will develop an anxiety disorder.
To help your child:
1. Take time to listen to your child and understand their fears and worries.
2. Help your child understand that anxiety is normal and can be faced.
3. Reassure and encourage your child to face what they fear, but resist providing too much reassurance.
5. Look at your own anxiety levels to see if they might be affecting your child.
6. Make sure to be a role model for good coping strategies for your child, for instance by facing your own fears.
7. If your child's anxiety seems excessive or is worsening, seek professional advice.
Address: 5636 Lemon Ave.
Dallas TX 75209
Phone: +1 214 5203694