Making the Decision for a Necklift
What you should expect:
- During the preliminary consultation, your surgeon will take a thorough medical history, as well as assess the your mental and emotional attitudes toward the surgery. Because a realistic attitude is crucial to the success of the surgery, the surgical procedure and realistic expectations will be discussed.
- Your cosmetic surgeon will examine the structure of your neck and face, skin texture, color, and elasticity.
- Photographs will be taken so the surgeon can study your face and neck.
- Individual risks will also be examined, especially those related to medical situations such as high blood pressure, a tendency to scar, smoking, and any deficiency in blood clotting.
- After the decision to proceed with a necklift is made jointly by you and your surgeon, the surgeon will describe:
a. The technique indicated
b. Type of anesthesia recommended
c. The surgical facility
d. Any additional surgery
e. Possible complications
f. Costs of the procedure