Unapproved Uses - Wrinkle Fillers
FDA has approved injectable wrinkle fillers for treatment of moderate to severe wrinkles and localized fat loss (lipoatrophy) in the face. The FDA has approved two absorbable injectable wrinkle fillers for lip augmentation in patients over the age of 21
FDA has NOT approved injectable wrinkle fillers to:
- Augment (increase volume of) or alter the shape of facial features such as cheeks and nose
- Increase breast size (breast augmentation)
- Increase size of the buttocks
- Rejuvenate the hands or feet
- Implant into bone, tendon, ligament, or muscle
FDA has NOT approved liquid silicone or silicone gel for injection to fill wrinkles or augment tissues anywhere in the body.
This information provided for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. For medical questions, Consult a physician.