What to include in your resume
Depending on your background and the job desired your resume should include:
1. A heading
- Full name
- Complete address
(including permanent address and present address if you are a college student)
- Home telephone number
(work number too, if appropriate to contact there).
2. A job objective
If you include a job objective, avoid being vague, but donit be too specific that you eliminate yourself from other closely related positions.
A challenging position that uses my education and creativity
A position as a writer in a public relations department or advertising firm.
By preparing more than one resume, you can tailor your objective to particular job openings.
This section may contain:
- Names and locations of schools or programs
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees, certificates or licenses awarded
- Grade point average 3.0 or above
- Coursework related to the job you want
- Honors, awards, scholarships or elective offices.
4. Work experience
This can include any full or part-time, seasonal, or volunteer work. For each, provide:
- Names of employers
- Dates of employment
- Major accomplishments
Leave out experiences that is more than 10-15 years old unless it relates to the job you seek.
5. Activities/ special skills
You may want to mention:
- Interests and activities that demonstrate job related skills (leadership, organizational,etc)
- Personal accomplishments (for example, "Worked to finance 70% of college education.")
- Special abilities, such as computer skills, knowledge of a foreign language.
Address: 5636 Lemon Ave.
Dallas TX 75209
Phone: +1 214 5203694