A Life Insurance Settlement is the sales of a life insurance policy to a third party in exchange for a cash settlement in excess of the cash surrender value of policy - even if none exists! This is also called as Life settlement, Insurance settlement and also Senior settlement.
Typically, a Life insurance settlement or senior settlement is about three to five times the cash surrender value of the policy.
Life settlement: When an individual who does not have a terminal or chronic illness sells a policy for other reasons, including changed needs of dependents, wanting to reduce premiums, and cash for meeting expenses, that is known as a Life settlement.
Viatical settlement: When an individual with a terminal or chronic illness sells his or her life insurance policy that is known as a Viatical settlement.
Hitherto, elderly senior Americans with life insurance policies they do not need or cannot afford to keep up have had very little option. They will let the policies lapse or sell them back to their insurers. Now lots of them are glad to have an alternative, i.e. Life Insurance Settlement or Senior Settlement. Seniors may now be able to sell their policy for far more than the cash surrender value the insurance carrier would offer.
When you go for Life Insurance Settlement or Senior Settlement, the life insurance policy owner sells his or her contractual rights under the policy at its present market value in exchange for a lump sum cash payment, which payment exceeds the cash surrender value of the policy.
The purchaser of the policy will then become the new owner and the new beneficiary of the life insurance policy and is then responsible for making all of the future premium payments. The new owner now collects the full amount of the death benefit when the insured dies.
Life Insurance settlement or Senior settlement present a unique opportunity to the senior policy holder to extract the maximum possible value from an existing life insurance policy and repurpose those funds for whatever financial needs may exist.
Seniors can use the money received from Life Insurance Settlement or Senior Settlement, to purchase new insurance, travel the world, start a business, buy a property or fulfill their dreams. The money is theirs to simply enjoy and use it for any reason they can think of. In fact, seniors can use the cash settlement for medical expenses, living expenses, or anything they desire-with no restrictions.
There are various reasons why seniors sell their life insurance policy and opt for Life Insurance Settlement or Senior Settlement. Why Sell Your Life Insurance Policy?
1. If you are chronically ill, selling your current life insurance policy provides needed funds to cover financial burdens caused by your illness. A viatical settlement gives you the ability to regain needed financial security.
2. If you are over the age of sixty-five, a life insurance settlement or senior settlement maximizes your current assets by eliminating premiums and getting funds that can be used today.
3. Pay off debts.
4. Make funds available for other investments.
5. Turn a lapse insurance policy into cash with Life settlement.
6. Pay your medical care bills.
7. Finance your retirement.
8. If you are a corporation, selling corporate owned life insurance lets you regain back premiums paid on no longer needed policies.
9. If you are a non profit organization, selling a gifted life insurance policy provides funds that can be used now and also eliminates premiums.
10. If you managing an estate, selling your current life insurance policy will help manage changes in estate size, eliminate premiums, and liquidate policies that no longer are needed.
What Insurance Policies Qualify for Life Insurance Settlements?
To find out whether you qualify, here are some of the requirements.
(A) Must be at least 65 years of age
(B) The face value of the policy is at least $50,000
(C) The insured has experienced deterioration in health since the insurance policy was issued; life expectancy is under 15 years
(D) The insurance policy is in effect beyond the two year contestable period
(E) You Are Over 21 with a Life-Threatening Illness ? Viatical Settlement
But any policy owner, including individuals, corporations, charities or trusts, may sell any life insurance policy, including group and term policies.
What types of polices are purchased?
1. Government issued policies
2. Term Life
3. Universal Life
4. Survivorship policies
5. Many Group types of policies
6. Corporate Owned Life Insurance
7. Whole Life
8. Basically All Types of Life Insurance Policies
The life insurance settlement value could be potentially much higher than the cash settlement of your life insurance policy. Do not continue to pay expensive premiums for coverage you no longer need, and do not surrender the policy or let it lapse. The Life insurance settlement, Senior settlement or Viatical settlement solution is typically the Win-Win scenario that you have been looking for.