1. Pay particular attention to any study guides
that the instructor hands out in class before the exam, or even at the beginning of the course! For example: key points, particular chapters or parts of chapters, handouts, etc.
2. Ask the instructor what to anticipate on the test
if he/she does not volunteer the information
3. Pay particular attention--just prior to the exam--
to points the instructor brings up during class lectures
4. Generate a list of possible questions
you would ask if you were making the exam, then see if you can answer the questions
5. Review previous tests
graded by the instructor
6. Confer with other students
to predict what will be on the test
7. Pay particular attention to clues
that indicate an instructor might test for a particular idea, as when an instructor:
---says something more than once
---writes material on the board
---pauses to review notes
---asks questions of the class
---says, "This will be on the test!"
Address: 5636 Lemon Ave.
Dallas TX 75209
Phone: +1 214 5203694